Friday, April 30, 2010

Sisters in the Mississippi Jackson Mission
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints



Ahhh! I can't believe I am home! It was the fastest year and a half of my life. My time in the South was well worth it and I learned so much. I really have seen so many great things


come to pass because I served a mission. It was an adventure getting home. I was supposed to fly in at 4 PM, but because of weather I got home hours later! I sat in Denver for eight hours trying to be patient. I just wanted to be home! I made some good friends. I finally flew into Farmington, NM at 9:30 p.m. I will never forget my family peering out of the window of that tiny airport. The airport was dead, and no one was around but them. It was a long awaited arrival. Everyone on the plane with me knew that I hadn't seen my family for 18 months. The reunion was happy and we were all tired and ready to head home. The down side was that my bags weren't there (of course). We got one that night, then another the next afternoon. After driving home in a blizzard we finally got home about 2 a.m.


Well I'm home safe and sound now! It is good to be home. It is really great to spend time with my family again. Thank you all who kept updated and prayed for me. They were heard. I am so glad that I had the opportunity to serve in Mississippi. It really taught me that God knows all of his children. He loves us and he wants the best for us. I know that I am so lucky to grow up in Utah. There is poverty even in America that we can't even imagine. I know that missionary work is really the work of God.
I am excited to jump back into life. If anyone has any suggestions of jobs or directions I should go please help. I do want to get back into cake decorating. I'm excited for the future. There is more to come! Thankyou again for all your support!
-cami


The elders I went home with and President and Sister Tucker to my right.

No comments: